Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hairspray/August Rush

Taco Queen and I went to see Hairspray for our 15th wedding anniversary. Granger at work had been telling me for at least a month that I would love the movie, but I didn't believe her. I finally took Taco Queen because it was the only thing that looked halfway interesting, and after The Invasion last week, we had to see something decent to get the taste out of our mouths. (Afterwards we went to the Melting Pot for dinner - thanks to a generous gift from Ma & Pa Wanders - lest you think a movie is insufficient for an anniversary date).

We really loved Hairspray. In fact, the entire movie, we kept saying, "We have to take Number One to see this." So I volunteered the next night to take Number One back to the theater, but when we got there, it had sold out! I was so upset. However, Number One took me to the mall and we had milkshakes and then she got to buy her dream coat at Hollister Co. (we went halvesies). Hollister deserves its own blog entry under my "Getting Older is Getting Funner" label.

But, truth be told, the main reason I was disappointed about missing the second night of Hairspray was because I wanted to see the preview for August Rush one more time. This one took me by complete surprise. I hadn't even heard of the movie yet, but after this preview, will I be there? Yes, on November 21, opening day. And not just because it stars former Mousketeer Keri Russell either (although that's reason enough).

So now, without further ado, the preview for August Rush:

No comments: